Monday, December 12, 2005

Rock, Paper, Scissors

This afternoon I was interviewed by Janna Vishnumolakala from the Cyprus Mail newspaper about my documentary “Where Shall I Go?” Her article will appear in this Sunday’s paper 18th DEC 2005



This evening I attended Laura Boushank’s photographic exhibition at Fotodos. Her theme was on four work-shops on one particular street within the Nicosia walls. I especially enjoyed her photos of the shops’ interior walls. It was opened by Leontios (Weaving Mill) and Achilleas L.Demetriades.
After Laura signed my copy of her book that she published for the exhibition she informed me that her next photographic project will focus on migrant women in Cyprus. I suggested to her that we should team up with other creative migrants and organise a big event sometime next summer. She’s all for it.

I also bumped into Mona Boshnaq at the exhibition (not related to Laura) who I had met when I was in KISA’s youth programme several years ago. She’s currently at Intercollege and has written a thesis on migrants. I’ll be meeting her soon to talk about that and also about my second documentary which she expressed interest in.

The ball has started to roll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home